- TRADITIONAL YET CONVENIENT - Ume Plums are a traditional japanese food which originated in China, and has been popular in japanese culture for centuries. This paste brings the complex flavor of umeboshi to your fingertips here in North America. In Japan it is traditionally served with rice and eaten at breakfast or lunch time.
- UME USES - Our Ume paste is also an extremely versatile seasoning. Use it to add a nice tartness to salad dressings, dips, spreads, marinades, soups, cooked vegetables, and other sauces. Spread the paste on thick cucumber slices for a nice snack, oir even spread it on cooked corn on the sob for a healthy alternative to butter and salt.
- HEALTH BENEFITS - Apart from being a versatile ingredient, ume paste is also believed to offer numerous health benefits, including an excellent source of iron and calcium, a hangover cure, and powerful antioxidant qualities.
- STIR FRY - Another great way to start using the ume paste is in stir fry recipes. Try it with some stir fry asian noodles, tofu, and various vegetables.
- VEGANS LOVE IT - Vegan recipes for lasagne, soups and dressings are all a good fit for the savoury "plum" paste, as well as any dishes looking to replicate the flavor and consistency of creamy cheese.
Details: An exotic sour condiment from Japan that's delicious with rice and vegetables. Ume Paste is made from pickled and pureed umeboshi plums and has an appealing sour and salty flavor. In Japan, it's traditionally served with rice and eaten at breakfast or lunch, or used in preparing sushi. Add it to orange juice and oil for a delicious vinaigrette. Spread it on cucumber slices as a snack or lightly brush it on cooked corn on the cob. It's a delicious addition to a coleslaw dressing and is also good with broccoli and kale.
Package Dimensions: 7.8 x 2.6 x 1.1 inches